Tuesday, August 25, 2009

A Few of My Favorite Things...

My friend, Davis, was convinced I wouldn't update my blog last night and he was right. At this point it seems like such a daunting task but I have to start somewhere. These are a few of my favorite pictures starting from tonight and going all the way back to mid-July. I have no idea who reads this blog but I hope you have a few minutes...and thanks

I saw this sign when I was driving to my in-laws to help them move an exercise bike tonight. I think I'm going to set it as my desktop background at work. I love it and Carrie thinks it's artistic, I think it's just a good idea:



Last night a group of neighbors went to Big Cottonwood Canyon for a little FHE in the MTS. The weather cooperated nicely. Here's a shot of Carson, Tanner, Anna, and Mikey working the rock face:



I like this blurred photo of me and the Cam-man coming down the hill. It's symbolic of our entire existance, seemingly in control, confident, filled with promise...but really it's just a blur and you're not sure of what's really happening. I mean, you can't even see Cameron's face! Am I leading him to joy and happiness or destruction and misery? Is that even Cameron at all? ...and what does it all have to do with The Cure? I have no idea, but it's cute.



Parker was complaining of a stomach ache, we never really did figure out why...



Last week I went to The Dead Weather concert (it's not as gloomy as it sounds). It was one of the best I have been to. Here are a few of my best shots with my point and shoot camera in a low-light situation:

Jack White from The White Stripes:



White normally plays drums in this band. The sound is very unique (think gritty electric blues) and hearing them live was incredible.



Dean Fertita from Queens of the Stone Age, Alison Mosshart from The Kills, Jack White from The White Stripes, and Jack Lawrence from The Raconteurs.



Here's a great picture of Carson looking closely at a bee. Carson is the big, blurry face in the background:




On our Anniversary we took a hike to Donut Falls. The boys and I were ready to go but we had to wait for Carrie to finish lunch...






Freakin' cute boys:



....and then the rest of the family....



Funnily enough, it was our anniversary but we never did get a picture with just the two of us. I guess that's what happens when kids come poppin' around, eh?

Stay tuned for Island Park/Yellowstone, Zions, and girl's camp. Oh yea, and teaching Cameron the finer points of Flight of the Conchords: "New Zealand's 4th most popular guitar-based digi-bongo acapella-rap-funk-comedy folk duo"



Peese

6 comments:

Jess said...

haha! i love that you've already got cam hooked on FOTC!

Wobbs said...

hahahah I laughed out loud reading about your symbolic existence with Cameron!

PrincessKatie said...

That sign rocks. I lvoe seeing odd random things like that. Dude you guys have too much fun playing all the time !h aha

fernie said...

jsut so you know who is reading- i am leaving a comment. . .. .

Natalie said...

It think that sign is really funny. Dirty, but funny. I remember a big giant road sign on I-15 about 50 miles from Beaver, Utah. It was a sign for Wendy's, and it said, real big-like, "Wendy's Beaver." Now THAT was dirty. I wonder if it's still there.

DJ and Gin Family said...

That sign is Fun-AY!!
What's the deal with the White Stripes? Are the boy and girl ex-spouses, or siblings? I've heard both... just wondering. That sounds like a fun concert.